27 May, 2010

Memoirs and Indefinites

It was almost a year since I last visited this page. I even never thought of visiting this site again. But, I guess I'm already here by now.

The past year is great for me.I was stuck at Sinner's Lounge for a couple of months, and my musically-inspired days began after that. My regular daily practice routine came back into me. I was doing it before, but accidentally stopped it due to personal reasons, making my musical skills to somehow fade.

I started listening to music when I was around 6 years old. At that time, Pop icons are dominating the music era. And of course, every icon has their own signature song. Signature songs in that time include Britney Spear's "Oops! I did it again", Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a bottle", Westlife's "Fool again", Backstreet Boys' "Larger than life". And I'll also admit, I liked it.

They had their own commercial success by that time, until they slowly slowed down their pace. And thus, dominated by another music genre called "Hip-Hop/Dance"

Yeah, my knowledge in the edge of Hip-hop/dance is very limited, making me unable to discuss something about such stuffs.

By the year 2005, I was again interested in the music scene. It was Original Pilipino Music (OPM) that whispered in my ear. OPM Alternative Rock Bands came out from nowhere, or should I say, their time for fame is at the very moment?

At that era, there was this undisputed contrast between 2 bands namely Cueshe and Hale. I was listening more in the side of Cueshe since their debut single "Stay" won the race to my auditory nerve against Hale's "The day you said goodnight". Hence, making them my instant favoured band.

This scene became my heaviest influence. The artists made me realize that I want to have a musically-inspired, musically-inclined and musically-oriented life. My soul knocked my mind, telling him that he wants to have a band, desperately.

When I watch bands perform, I was so jealous to even just their so-called "rockstar aura". I try to look like it. Wearing lousy shirts, loosely fit jeans, rubber shoes and even a dog chain connected from my wallet to my belt buckle. But there is still 1 thing that I can't do even if I want to, to have a long hair. Oh crap...


After sometime, I noticed that I was too "locked up" in Cueshe's works. With that, I was starting to get bored in their music. My blood get pumped back again when I saw this music video. A very dark-themed video that included hundreds of chairs and an extremely large curtains. There is a story about the music, but the video stands on its own, and it is based on a very popular novel. The band is composed of 4 members and the video contained creepy-like stuffs (including a sudden show up of a lady in white). The melody was very humble but was heavily distorted  by the middle of the song and a simple outro licks that will soon be a great LSS factor for you. And yes, you got it right. It's Sponge Cola's "Gemini".

to be continued...

"Let me know if dreams can come true."
--Sponge Cola (Gemini)

--ag22z

No comments: